Pharmacy Webinar 41
The Faces of Anxiety in the Pediatric Population
with Dr. Sunita Iyer, ND, LM
Tuesday, July 18, 2017: 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
2.5 pharmacy CEs
2.5 CEs for CA acupuncturists
CE Provider #805
This course has been approved by the California Acupuncture Board, Provider #805, for 2.5 hours of continuing education.
Refunds not available.
This course will be available as a self study after the date of the live webinar.
REGISTER NOW $75 members | $95 non-members
Anxiety can be presented very differently in the pediatric versus adult population. As clinicians, it is important that we be able to recognize this, and offer appropriate and effective treatments. Dr. Sunita Iyer will be sharing techniques on how to assess and address mental and emotional concerns in the pediatric population
After the presentation, participants will be able to confidently:
- Understand anxiety and other emotional states in the pediatric population, as it relates to neurobiology, acute nervous system responses, gastroenterology, immune function, endocrinology, and perinatal influences
- Assess the cause, as well as treat (with both common and “uncommon” treatment modalities”) the “typical” anxious pediatric patient
- Distinguish the ‘varieties’ in pediatric anxiety based on perinatal influences, gastroenterological causes, polymorphisms and genomic causes, hormonal, and immunological causes.
- Apply introductory principles of Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine to assess anxiety in the pediatric patient
- Navigate the parenting/caregiver relationship from current clinical research
Sunita Iyer, ND, LM is a Naturopathic Physician and Licenses Midwife in Kirkland, Washington. She completed training for both programs at Bastyr University. In additional to providing naturopathic primary care in an integrative clinic that she founded, she also serves as adjunct faculty at University of Washington (Bothell). Dr. Iyer is still actively engaged in community health and working toward creating a grant-funded community pediatric clinic in Seattle, WA