My CNDA Membership: Opportunities, Connections & Professional Growth
Whether attending the Merging Medicine conferences, networking with our doctors or collaborating with fellow colleagues, it has always been a supportive community and one that makes me proud to be part of such an incredible group.
As Membership Chair, I am proud to say that the CNDA has the highest rate of membership of any state association, with 70% of California-licensed NDs being members of the CNDA. I am also happy to note that the CNDA has some of the best membership benefits available:
· 51-page Practice Guide on how to start a practice in California
· Members-only forum
· Listing in the Find a Doctor search
· Business templates for easy downloading
· Access to CNDA staff to answer ND questions
· Discounted member pricing on CE webinars and conferences
· Free classified ads
But beyond these tangible benefits, there are even greater benefits: becoming a member of the CNDA allows NDs to join a community of passionate, like-minded naturopathic professionals. We are a family! I have enjoyed getting to know our community of Naturopathic Doctors that continue to grow in numbers each year. Amongst our members there is an overall sense of respect, drive, and commitment to growing our profession in California and strengthening our bonds within the CNDA.
Here are a few of the comments and feedback from our fellow members I would like to share:
- “I'm a CNDA member because I think it's important to support each other and find ways to give back to our profession.”
- “….I want to stay connected with our colleagues and that the CNDA provides me the support I need and resources to help me in my growing practice.”
- “I'm a CDNA member because I know we can accomplish more as a team than individually.”
- “I joined the CNDA because I want to support my community and work together in our outreach efforts to educate about naturopathic medicine.”
- “I am a member because I feel strongly on working together towards legislative efforts to grow and advance naturopathic medicine in California and nationally.”
- “….I believe we can make changes that can grow our profession, voice our concerns, be heard within our community, and work together as a team.”
We have all joined the CNDA for so many reasons in the same way naturopathic medicine has brought us all together. Our members are the integral part of what makes our association what it is today and for that I am grateful to be part of the CNDA family. If you're a member, we thank you for your support! And if you aren't a member or you forgot to renew your membership, now is the time to join/renew – let's support each other in making California that best state in which to practice naturopathic medicine!
Dr. Au is a CNDA board member, Secretary of the Executive Committee and Chair of the Membership Committee. For more information about her practice, please visit www.pasadenanaturalhealth.com.