New Bylaws Enacted!
- Grammatical and spelling corrections
- Added language to allow electronic communication, data storage, and voting
- Allow Board of Directors (The Board) to officially approve the budget
- Allow the home office to automatically accept new members who qualify
- Clarified requirements that board members must be CNDA members and that they participate on a committee
- Removed language requiring us to have a seal for official paperwork
- Clarified that the CNDA Treasurer oversees the home office in handling financial matters
- Clarified that board members can serve up to 4 two-year terms, then must step down for one year before rejoining the Board
- Assigned the ethics responsibilities to the legislative committee and removed the ethics committee
General Member Meetings
- Restructured how we schedule the annual member meetings
Future Amendments to the Bylaws
- Allowed for amendments to be approved by the CNDA Board unless those changes would affect members' rights, which would then require member approval.
A special thank you to Dr. Deborah Gleisner who worked closely with the CNDA's attorney to make these necessary updates and revisions!!