The CNDA is a non-profit membership organization. It is run by a small staff in the home office, a volunteer board of directors, and various volunteer committees. We have been able to accomplish a tremendous amount through collective volunteer efforts, but can do so much more with everyone’s help! As you read through each committee, please think about how and where you can help and then sign up for a committee if you are not already involved. Email Bonnie at the home office (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your interests!
Is co-chaired by Dr. Laura Enfield and Dr. Sarah Murphy. We are currently seeking doctors for this committee! If you have ideas about fundraising, are eager to help raise dollars to move our medicine forward, want to support our legislative work in a non-research capacity, or know anyone who may be willing to donate, please join this committee!
Legislative / Advocacy Committee
This year the legislative committee will be addressing the following:
- Legislative campaign for scope modernization and sunset review 2022
- Sacramento and in-district trips to educate senate and assembly members about our profession
- Meeting with stakeholders of various health professions to form more allies
- Bill-tracking so that we can take a stand for or against introduced legislation that has the potential to impact our profession
Headed by Dr. Brian Trainor and Dr. Dennis Godby. The committee has been focused on improving community and school outreach to make our numbers in California strong. The membership crew also constantly works on bringing you as many resources as possible to improve the value of your annual membership fee.
The membership committee is currently focusing on:
- Clarifying advertising laws and creating guidance on best marketing practices
- Sustaining and growing membership in order to provide a greater voice for the profession
- Increasing member satisfaction with benefits
- Strengthening the Mentorship Program
Professional Development Committee
Dr. Mimosa Tonnu chairs the Professional Development Committee. This committee creates our Continuing Education events: the Annual Conferences, Pharmacology, and Naturopathic Webinars. The PD committee also puts together the Business Basics Webinars, a non-CE series, created to conveniently give you the tools needed to thrive in your work environment. Plus, Town Hall meetings to ensure members are up to date on ever-changing rules, regulations, and laws.
Public Affairs Committee
Headed by Dr. Laura Enfield. We are currently seeking doctors for this committee! If you have ideas about increasing the publicity of the naturopathic profession in California, have experience with or want to gain experience in generating publicity or want to support our legislative work in a non-research capacity, please join this committee!