When to call the NMC vs CNDA
We, the CNDA, Exist to Support You!
Do You Know the Difference Between the CNDA and NMC? Because You Definitely Should!!!
Who is the CNDA? And what is the NMC? It will be helpful for you to know the difference!
The California Naturopathic Doctors Association (CNDA) is here to SUPPORT YOU and all the Naturopathic Doctors across California. We are a 501(c)6 non-profit doctors membership organization in existence to support our membership and profession. Here are the things we can do for you:
- Business Set-up Tools - Check out our business practice tips on our website
- Continuing Education - Check out our online and in-person conference CEUs
- Community-building and Networking - Join us for our monthly online coffee & conversation event and our annual ND happy hours
- Building Awareness for Naturopathic Medicine - through our Realize A Healthy California (RHC) public-facing non-profit movement
- Building Financial Support for our profession’s sustainability and growth - through our Advancement Committee fundraising campaigns
- Scope of Practice Expansion - through our ongoing Legislative Committee strategic work and efforts
- Support You and Your Success - NDs that become a CNDA member get special member benefits
The Naturopathic Medicine Committee (NMC) is a completely separate government organization. They are part of the Department of Consumer Affairs and regulate the practice of naturopathic medicine in California. Here are some of the things they do:
- Issue you your license to practice naturopathic medicine
- Define and interpret our scope of practice
- Regulate/ Enforce the law and licenses
- Investigate complaints made about licensees
- Set the price for your license fees
The CNDA welcomes communication from our members regarding all things association related. Please know that some of the questions/ concerns we receive are regarding things the NMC is in charge of - like license regulation. We, the CNDA, have a limited scope of power, but we exist and are here to absolutely help you and the naturopathic profession succeed.
We are here to SUPPORT YOU!
We hope this has helped clarify who we are and what we do because we truly are working very hard on your behalf.
If you would like to become a member of one of our CNDA committees to:
- help Advocate and Educate
- join in on the Fun
- get Your Voice heard
- have a Bigger Impact on the future of our profession in California
… call us at 310-670-8100. We’d love to have you on the team and work with you.
You can email the NMC at:
Remember - we’re all in this together!