PW47: Integrative Therapeutic Options w/Pharmacy Compounding
Pharmacy Webinar 47
Integrative Therapeutic Options with Pharmacy Compounding
with Tarek Elansary, PharmD
WEDNESDAY, July 14th 2021: 6:30 - 8:30pm
2 CEs* (approved)
2 CEs for CA LAc* (pending)
REGISTER NOW * $75 members | $95 non-members
In this presentation, Tarak Elansary Pharm. D will be sharing some rare therapeutic tricks that pharmacy compounding can offer. In his pharmacist training, the main focus was to find the therapeutic options for optimal clinical outcomes. He will share his deep understanding of mechanisms of action, drug metabolism and kinetics, dosage forms, delivery systems, and how drugs impact physiology and the disease state. Through his extensive training in compounding pharmacy, he has unlimited therapeutic options. When practitioners present with diagnoses and failed treatments, oftentime he is able to utilize a variation of compound recipes to create new and effective therapeutic options. These therapies are safe and typically have a much higher success rate due to addressing the underlying issue. After 23 years of being a pharmacist, he is excited to share the knowledge of these alternative therapy options so that practitioners can increase the size of their toolbox.
After the presentation, participants will be able to confidently:
- Be updated on the latest approach to dosing BHRT, including how and why to adjust dosing, differences in dosage forms, and options for testing hormone levels.
- Address pain by understanding how to formulate a compounded pain cream customized for patient specific pain.
- Address sinus/ear infections using compounded medications.
- Address eczema and psoriasis by using formulas that treat the underlying cause without steroids.
- Address acne using topical treatments that are customized and can utilize several types of active ingredients and bases.
- Understand how to use transdermal Glutathione with or without LDN to target neuroinflammation.
- Support memory, neuroprotection and repair using genosides to stop microglial inflammation
- Address eosinophilic esophagitis using compounded medication.
- Learn individualized tips and tricks for effective patient treatments, ultimate patient satisfaction, and patient retention.
CE Provider #805
310 670 8100
This course is pending approval by The California Acupuncture Board for 2 hours of continuing education
This course will be available as a self study after the date of the live webinar.
*Refunds not available
Tarek was born in Cairo Egypt in 1973 and moved to the US at age 2. He remembers learning about physiology in the 6th grade, when they were being taught about the digestive system. He was amazed and stayed with the teacher during lunch to discuss and was then asked to teach the class.